Celebrate Recovery is an internationally-based program found in over 19,000 churches world-wide that we offer here at Gloucester County Community Church. It’s a biblically balanced approach to helping people overcome the pain of the past while they are living in and dealing with their current circumstances. We move forward not fearing the future, but placing it in the hands of Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of our faith who loves us and wants the best for us in every situation. C/R is open to anyone who wants to make change – “real change” in their lives. Celebrate Recovery is a confidential, anonymous and safe environment where we come together to share our experience, strength and hope with each other. Our desire is for you to heal from the blows that life has given to you and “get on” with the life that God created for you to live.
Over the many years the we have held Celebrate Recovery at GCCC, we have seen countless lives surrender to Christ and receive freedom from the bondage that has kept them struggling for so long.Through working the 8 Principles and 12 Steps of Recovery we’ve seen so many lives changed. Family relationships have been healed, marriages renewed, and parents and children reconciled to clean and sober relationships. Lives that were once torn to shreds have been healed through the grace of God, as they continue on to serve Him and live out the life He created for them. It is our prayer that you will join us for a Friday night meeting at 7:30PM and see the promise and potential that God has for your life.
We begin this “new season” in the life of GCCC’s Celebrate Recovery with great hope and excitement. God has truly blessed this ministry and its leadership for over 10 years. We have seen countless lives touched and changed by the grace of God with the help of sponsors and accountability partners. We look forward, with anticipation, to the great and marvelous things God has in store for this ministry and we continue to seek His will and guidance now and in the future.
Jim Atkinson, Ministry Leader of Celebrate Recovery
CELEBRATE RECOVERY – Main meeting
Every Friday Night at 7:30PM!
Celebrate Recovery meets every Friday evening at 7:30pm (Celebration Station, our children’s ministry, opens their doors at 7:10pm) in the John M. Sofia Center at the Gloucester County Communty Church. Each Friday night begins as an “open meeting” with Praise & Worship, reading the Steps/Principles and then a Lesson, Testimony, Guest Speaker or Planned Event. Our meet together may also include anniversaries as we “Celebrate our Recovery” as a group. Following the large group meeting, we dismiss to our small Open Share Groups where each person is free to share what is on their heart concerning their issue.
All of our small groups are approximately one hour in length. Each small group has a facilitator whose responsibility is to make sure that all guidelines are adhered to. All groups are gender specific (men with men and woman with woman) and issue related. (Ex. You must be an addict to go to the small group for addicts). To insure everyone’s anonymity and confidentiality, we do not allow “bystanders” into small groups for any reason.
At around 9:30 when small groups end, we end the night with our Serenity Café. This is a time of refreshment and fellowship where we urge people to form new relationships as they put together a support team to help them get through the week. It’s important that you leave with some phone numbers from your small Open Share Group.
You must be 18 years of age to attend. Celebrate Recovery specific childcare through age 11 is provided through the ministry of Celebration Station & Kids Club. Please CLICK HERE more information.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMALL RECOVERY GROUPS
(These groups meet after the Main Meeting)
- CR 101 – Newcomers – Those attending Celebrate Recovery for the first time are required to attend.
- MEN’S Chemical/Behavioral Addiction – All addictions & compulsive behaviors such as drugs, alcohol, gambling, eating, internet, smoking, gaming, etc…
- WOMEN’S Chemical/Behavioral Addiction – All addictions & compulsive behaviors such as drugs, alcohol, gambling, internet, smoking, gaming, etc…
- MEN’s Co-Dependency – Co-dependent men, family, friends & spouses (yes, enablers) of those with addictive/compulsive behaviors.
- WOMEN’S Co-Dependency – Co-dependent women, family, friends & spouses (yes, enablers) of those with addictive/compulsive behaviors.
- MEN’S Sexual Issues – Men with a sexual addiction, sexual abuse/incest issues, pornography, sexual violence, etc.
- WOMEN’S Abuse and Food Addictions – Women w/ sexual addiction, victims of sexual abuse/incest; victims of domestic violence, etc.
- MEN’S Hurts, Habits and Hang-Ups – Men struggling with any life issues keeping them from their best potential in the Lord.
- WOMEN’S Hurts, Habits and Hang-Ups – Women struggling with any life issues keeping them from their best potential in the Lord.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY STEP STUDIES
NOTE – REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND THESE MEETINGS! This is the place where the “real work” happens! Every week, on Monday or Tuesday, we have the foundation of the Celebrate Recovery program, our small group Celebrate Recovery Step Studies. We work through a curriculum of four workbooks focusing on the 8 Principles and 12 Step that are the cornerstone of this program with the use of the additional tools such as the very popular Celebrate Recovery Bible and Celebrate Recovery Journal.
We firmly believe that Celebrate Recovery Step Studies are the key to success in the recovery process. The program encompasses an understanding our God who loves us, committing our lives and wills to His care, understanding forgiveness, making amends, getting victory over our defects of character and then bringing that Good News to others. Completing a Celebrate Recovery Step Studies is where true “spiritual healing” happens. This is where thousands of people from over 19,000 churches have found freedom and healing from addictions, self defeating behaviors and character defects as they discover God’s promise and potential for their life.
Things to know about Celebrate Recovery Step Studies:
- Celebrate Recovery Step Studies are by registration only! You must sign-up up at the Welcome Table at the entrance of the John M. Sofia Center at our Friday night meetings. A Group Leaders will then contact you with information about the next group start up date and time.
- Before joining, you must attend our Friday night Celebrate Recovery regularly for at least 60 days and feel that Friday night is your “home meeting.” Continued, regular attendance on Fridays is required to remain in a Step Study.
- At our Friday night large group meeting, we announce when new Step Studies are beginning. They usually begin about every three months, depending on the availability of our Group Leaders.
- When committing to join a Step Study, please realize that it is decision that should not be taken lightly. The program goes through 25 lessons that can take anywhere between 9 months and a year. The life-changing and eternal benefits of taking a Celebrate Recovery Step Studies make it one of the most valuable things that you will ever do in your life. No one who has completed a Step Study has ever said that they’ve wasted their time. Most testify, with excitement, about the amazing transformation that God has done in their lives in such a short a period of time!
- We are unable to offer childcare during the Step Studies.
(For ages 5-11)
We are thrilled to have this addition to our Friday night Celebrate Recovery program. Celebration Station is an uplifting, hope-filled Children’s program that teaches our children that no matter what happens in life there is a God who loves them. At a very early age, they begin to learn and understand the principles that God has given us to live the life He created us to live. Through various means of Praise & Worship, arts and crafts, skits, story times and sharing with each other at a very young age our children can be taught to trust God through any circumstance. Celebration Station is a fantastic companion resource to Celebrate Recovery. Topics run on the same schedule as the adults which allows for some conversation time at home as well. Doors open at 7:10PM prior to Celebrate Recovery each Friday night. Parent or caretaker must be in attendance at Celebrate Recovery for your child to attend.
(For ages infant – 4)
Kid’s Clubs provide a loving, caring and safe environment for your children while you are attending Celebrate Recovery on Friday evenings. We have a wonderful group of trained volunteers to care for your children, make sure their needs are met and provide them with love and attention while you are having your needs met at C/R. Again, doors for Kid’s Clubs open at 7:10 prior to Celebrate Recovery each Friday night. Parent or caretaker must be in attendance at C/R for your child to attend.
Please note: no one under the age of 18 will be permitted in the rooms of recovery at any point in the evening. For that reason we have a separate entrance that should be used when bringing children and then again when leaving for the night. Please observe the signs that are posted on the doors.
To contact Gloucester County Community Church’s Celebrate Recovery, you can email Jim Atkinson, Ministry Leader at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also call our Celebrate Recovery voicemail at any time. Simply call (856) 582-0222 (x213), leave a message and someone will get back to you in a timely fashion.
If you are looking for more information about Celebrate Recovery , including finding a CR group in another area, you can go to their national website at: www.celebraterecovery.com