GCCC COVID-19 STATEMENT
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY – 9/23/20
A member of our staff has contracted the Corona virus. While we are certain that the initial viral contact did not happen on the GCCC campus, we are placing your health and safety above all.
GCCC has done the following to safeguard you, our campus, congregation and staff:
- Those who have had close contact with the staff member in the past two weeks have been notified about their condition and encouraged to be tested.
- The entire GCCC campus was locked down for two days to implement a full campus cleaning of an EPA/CDC approved sanitization and disinfection.
- The staff member and their family will refrain from entering the campus for fourteen days, and until medically cleared by a CDC authorized certified physician.
During this time of caution and awareness, we thank you for your due diligence while on the campus. Please reread the policy and procedures below and help us continue keeping the GCCC campus a place where ALL can feel safe and secure upon entering and during their stay.
PS – If you’re not comfortable meeting in the Sanctuary, join us on FACEBOOK @ 11:15 every Sunday.
POLICY/PROCEDURES FOR LIVE SERVICES:
Service times are 9:15 and 11:15 and will be 1-hour long.
SAFETY AND HEALTH PRACTICES:
- Practice social distancing of 6 ft at all times.
- Hand sanitization stations will be provided prior to entering the building.
- Temperatures will be taken prior to entering the building. *Everyone with a temperature below 100 can attend services.
- Families/groups will stay together and be seated together – including young children.
- Families/groups will be directed to their seats once they enter the building.
- The entire building has been properly disinfected using an EPA/CDC approved process and disinfectant.
- Masks must be worn while traveling through the building. They can be removed ONLY while seated with your “circle.”
If you are experiencing ANY of the following, please refrain from returning at this time:
- A temperature of 100.4 or above.
- A chronic cough.
- Experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Come in contact with a person who has COVID-19, OR with a person who has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, in the past two weeks.
- Have been out of the country or in a “hot spot” in the past 2 weeks.
- Have a compromised immune system.
- Can’t keep your mask on for an extended time.
- Access to Enter: EVERYONE will sanitize their hands, put on a mask (over 4 years old) and have their temperatures taken before entering the building.
- Upon Entering: Families/groups will wait at designated areas until an usher can take them to their seat.
- Seating: While practicing social distancing, we can seat 240 people in the sanctuary. Seating will be filled methodically, starting at the front of the church. The ushers will assign seats based on family size and age.
- Doors: Sanctuary doors will be propped open. Outside doors will be opened by volunteers to keep door handle usage to a minimum.
- Kids: Children will stay with their parents in the service. Kid Activity Bags will be available. You are welcome to bring your own quiet activity for your young child(ren) for during the service.
- The exit doors are the East and West side doors.
- Rows will be dismissed one at a time.
- Families/groups, when dismissed, should go directly to the exit doors.