In PreRunners we provide nursery care for children up to 2 years of age and we provide classes for your children who are 2 years of age through Pre-Kindergarten, during all weekend services and on Wednesday evenings. Classes are held during each event, so when you are in the sanctuary, your children are provided an experience designed just for them.
The message, shared by those called to work with children, is geared to their age and attention level.
Three basic truths foundational in everything we teach the children: God Made Me, God Loves Me, Jesus wants To Be My Forever Friend.
This weeks lesson
Introduction: This week’s lesson the final lesson on Abraham and God’s promise to him. Your Pre-Schoolers will learn that God fulfills His promises and what it means to show and live out faith in God. After you watch the Worship and Bible Story video with your child(ren), be sure to DISCUSS the questions listed below as a family and then download the “Do and Grow” documents to help apply what your children have learned. Praying you have a great time of worship and learning together as a family this week!
- Ask Jesus to forgive you.
- Make Jesus the boss of your life.
- Remember God’s promises.
- Wait patiently.
- Trust God.
- Obey your leaders.
- Pray to God.
- Read the Bible.
- Love others.
Powerhouse (Kindergarten through 8th Grade) is a unique approach to Sunday school for children. This ministry enables us to make each weekend experience creative and relevant with great Bible content for your kids.
Powerhouse is built around three basic truths which every child should embrace according to what Jesus modeled in Luke 2:52, “…and Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and favor with God and man.” Each basic truth is amplified by a weekly concept and a monthly core virtue and memory verse.
Three basic truths taught in Powerhouse: I can trust God no matter what, I need to make the wise choice, I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
This Week’s Lesson:
Introduction: This week’s lesson focuses on how to pray for children in Grades K-4 and in Grades 5 – 8 they to will learn the importance of taking time to be silent in prayer with God. Be sure to watch the Worship Video & Bible Story related to your child’s grade level and DISCUSS some or all of the questions below the age appropriate section.
Once you have discussed the questions, download the Do and Grow documents or follow the instructions to help your child apply what that have learned. Praying you have a great time of worship and learning together as a family this week. Please let us know if your child prays and gives their heart to Christ so we can send them a New Believer’s Kit just for them!
- Would you rather make a video call or a phone call?
- What do you think pray means?
- Someways to pray are speaking out loud to God, speaking quietly to Him in your head, singing your prayer, silently listening to God, and even writing your prayers. Which types of prayers do you want to try out?
- What distractions do you need to turn off this week?
- How did the silence in today’s video make you feel? (Allow your child to be honest. It might have felt boring, uncomfortable, or even made them feel more restless.)
- How do you think silent prayer time could either help calm your mind or help keep your mind calm?
- Do you think there should be more room in your life for silence? Why or why not? What does silence have to do with sensing God’s presence or feeling like He’s speaking to your heart?
- Read Luke 5:16 NLT. Why do you think Jesus went to pray by Himself often? How do you think we can follow Jesus’ example—even when we’re in the middle of a busy season of life?
- Where do you think you could go when you want to have some quiet time with God? (Ideas: Outside, in your room, in a closet, under your blankets, etc).
- It can take practice to get used to silent time with God—and to feel its effects begin to add calmness and rest to your body, mind, and spirit. How long do you think you could practice silent prayer for each day this week?
Do and Grow:
Pray together. Pray that your child would continue to realize the importance of being silent with God in prayer! Pray they’d be able to use the gifts and talents God’s given them to help serve the Church, in their church. Have your teen download the YouVersion Bible APP on their smart-device and complete the How to Survive Middle School and Beyond Bible Plan.
When is PreRunners?
It is held on Sunday Morning at 9:15 am and 11:15 am during worship services and on Wednesday night at 7 pm. The Nursery and J.A.M. Street classes are in the main building.
When is Powerhouse?
It is held on Sunday Morning at 9:15 am and 11:15 am during our worship services in the blue building on our campus.
At Gloucester County Community Church nothing is more important to us than the safety and security of your children. That’s why we’ve chosen KidCheck as our children’s check-in solution to bring you the best check-in experience and to allow us to partner with you to keep your children safe. Follow the directions and links below to create your child’s account.
How to create & manage your check-in account
You can create your account by clicking ONLINE and select “Create Your KidCheck Account” to create it on your computer. You can also download the KidCheck mobile app by clicking on APP and create your account right on your mobile device.
Be sure to include your cell phone in your account since that’s how we will notify you in case of an emergency while your child is in Kingdom Kids.
Please upload your picture, your child’s picture, along with the photo of any guardian who is allowed to pick up your child to insure their safety.
This process will only take a few minutes.
Deuteronomy 6: 6–9 says: “These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.” Below are some resources to help you and your family “talk” about all that God is doing and how to apply and trust His word to your lives. Simply click on the titles of the items below to launch and print.